Oxford, Maryland Nautical Festival September 3, 2011
1st Annual Nautical Festival and Flea Market
The 1st Annual Nautical Festival and Flea Market will be held on Saturday, September 3. The event will be held at the Town Soccer Field on South Morris Street, Oxford.
The event, chaired by Guy Gauvin of Hinckley Yachts, will promote the Town of Oxford's maritime background. On the Chesapeake Bay, few small towns have 7 working marinas, all bustling with activity during the busy season. "We wanted to try to host an event where not only nautical vendors can come, but the Oxford businesses and residents can get involved," says Gauvin.
In addition to the vendor portion, there will also be a flea market area, where local residents can try to sell their "boat stuff". There will also be an area where boats will be on display that are for sale.
Other plans for the day include a crab feast and live music in the early evening, which will be a fundraiser for a local "maritime themed" cause, which is still in the planning stages.
Vendor applications are a part of this information. For more information, please contact the Oxford Business Association by e-mail at email@example.com.
Vendors for 2011 Nautical Festival (as of July 8)
- Oxford Fire Dept. Ladies Auxiliary
- Barbara Woods – Beach Glass Jewelry
- Ron Fortucci – Hand Carved Half Hull Models of Local and Classic Boats
- Woodgrain Interpretations
- Pop’s Snow Palace and Treats
- Edythe Humphries – Used Boat Parts
- Arts in the AM – Pottery, Artwork and Notecards and Handbags
- Hinckley Yacht Services
- T.M. Enterprises – polarized & sport sunglasses
- Mandy’s Makings
- Campbell’s Boatyards
- The Treasure Chest
- Shore Canvas